Projects & Programs
The Hamden Economic Development Corporation is an independent, 501(c)(4) corporation formed as part of Hamden’s long-range economic development plan. Focused on the redevelopment of contaminated or underperforming properties, HEDC serves as an additional tool for developing the tax base in Hamden and as an advocate for businesses in town.
HEDC has an active work load. Learn more about what we do by exploring our past, present, and future projects:
- Projects Underway: HEDC is currently working on numerous projects that affect small businesses and their communities.
- Completed Projects: In each project, we have been able to raise funds through grants to complete brownfield and community-based programs.
- Future Projects: HEDC is planning several future projects that will impact the Hamden community for years to come.
- Project Photo Gallery: See photos from our current and past projects.
- Brownfields: We invest in the remediation of blighted properties and get them back into productive use.
- Workforce Development: HEDC offers job readiness program development and grant assistance.
- Community Development: We undertake commercial, residential, and public projects to improve the value of property and community assets.
- Housing & Community Development Leadership Institute: Preparing the next generation of leaders in the field.